cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
PKsayslive
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Text from laptop?

HP Recommended
HP Envy 17-j130
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello

I'm not completely sure if this is an okay place for this post but I figured I'd give it a shot.

I recently got my new HP envy and it's driving me crazy trying to text from my laptop. I discovered Pinger already downloaded through my apps but it doesn't let me use my phone number and contacts. I apparenly need to use a different number they provide to text for free and such?

Anyways, I'm trying to see if there's a simple way to connect my contacts and phone number with my laptop instead of downloading an app and going through that. Basically I'm asking if there's any type of feature that allows this. I also know that Outlook is available but I don't think it uses my phone number at all so if I got a text on my cellphone I don't think I would get notified and I would have to manually add in every contact. Maybe I'm wrong but this is how I've understood it.

Thanks! Any tips are appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
93,969 93,845 12,157 25,909
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your laptop does not act like a phone therefore you can't text to phone. You have to use app and you need a phone number. My test run with Viber app over the weekend to text from my computer to my daughter who is in Tokyo without any problem. But again you need

(a) Your smartphone with an active number,

(b) Download an app (few around) and install to your computer, (no choice unless your laptop is also a phone with proper hardware).

Using your phone, you don't have to pay. I think use their number you have to pay.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
93,969 93,845 12,157 25,909
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your laptop does not act like a phone therefore you can't text to phone. You have to use app and you need a phone number. My test run with Viber app over the weekend to text from my computer to my daughter who is in Tokyo without any problem. But again you need

(a) Your smartphone with an active number,

(b) Download an app (few around) and install to your computer, (no choice unless your laptop is also a phone with proper hardware).

Using your phone, you don't have to pay. I think use their number you have to pay.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation