cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kimmello Top Student
Top Student
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

The SMART status information indicates status code 0000h.

What excatly doesSMART status information indicates status code 0000h mean? Will I have to replace the hard drive? I have had this Pc one year and a few days. I have a HP Pavilion P6000 model is p6517c.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Associate Dean Associate Dean
Associate Dean
5,900 5,828 465 1,572
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi

Please try these steps and check if the Hard drive has failed.

1) Once unit is powered on keep tapping F10 key then go to Diagnostics run the Hard drive test if the test fails then please call HP Technical support check the warranty status and get the part replaced. Please note incase unit is Out of warranty then you need to purchase the part.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
kimmello Top Student
Top Student
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I tried tapping the F10 key and I did not see where I could go to Diagnostics run the hard drive. Is there another way to check it .I am still getting indeterminate on the smart status test on hardware diagnostic tools. I believe the warrenty just ran out beginning of the month. Will I have to replace the hard drive?

0 Kudos
Associate Dean Associate Dean
Associate Dean
5,900 5,828 465 1,572
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi

You could also try F2 or F10 option and then run the HDD test.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation