Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion X360 Convertibale
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There is an account that I can't acces at all, I can see it in the users folder but can't access it as in use it, I can only use the "PUBLIC" folder, I got this as a birthday present ( The PC ), and my grandma gave it to someone to download certain thing, (NECCISITIES), is there anything I can do?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @karimgaafar

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to access certain folders on your computer.

I’d love to help!

I would like to inform you that if you do not have administrator rights on the computer you will not be able to access other user’s files.

If you are the administrator and still not able to access the files, then I recommend you to do a recovery on the computer to put the computer back to its factory settings and start afresh.

Refer to below link to perform recovery.

http://hp.care/2cf8noz

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If the information I've provided was helpful, please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Google-search for "Nordahl offline password".

Download this software, and follow the instructions to burn it to a CD-recordable.

Boot your computer from this CD, and follow the on-screen instructions to "blank" the password for that ID.

Reboot from the 'C:' drive, and select this ID.

When asked for the password, just press ENTER.

Set a new password for the ID.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.