Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP T610
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Please Help.

HP Thin Client TC610 does not continue to boot, stuck on HP Logo and cannot enter BIOS or re-image the system.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Use the below link to download OS Image based on the size of the internal flash module:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5226516&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4089

After you download all the files required, Please right click on the each file and select "Run as Administrator". Please follow this step even if you have logged in as Administrator

Note : After the files are downloaded they have to be extracted in the same order. At the end of the first file extraction you will get a kind of error message asking you to extract and run rest of the three files in the same order. At the end of the fourth file extraction you will get a prompt to create USB bootable drive(USB Format).

Click on "Next"

When prompted for Extraction Type, select "USB Format"

Note : HP Recommends using a Flash Drive that has a size of the Internal Flash Module of the Thin Client or Double the Size and for this unit you need to use either 8GB or 16GB USB Flash drive

Select the appropriate Drive letter and click on "Format"

After the Extraction completes, Checked in Computer page if the USB was automatically renamed to "THINSTATE"

Connect the Flash Drive to any one of the USB Ports on the Thin Client and Restart the Thin Client

When it prompts for image update or any other confirmation, type "Yes" and hit Enter

Please click the below link to access the HP Thin Client Imaging Tool for your reference:  

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00485307

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

K N R K

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply KNRK, I have already a Thinstate copy of the O.S. in the USB.

Sorry for not giving the full details of the issue.

TC problem:

1) When I boot the Machine it stuck on HP Logo only

2) also I cannot Enter the BIOS, once boot and stuck on the HP Logo only

3) even if I use the USB Thinstate Image, when I boot the TC will only stuck on HP Logo only.

is this related to hardware problem? or is there another way to fix this.

Thank you in advance.

HP Recommended

According to the message you have recently posted I would like to confirm that this is a hardware issue and internal flash module which holds the image is corrupted and is no longer accepting the new image. I recommend you to Contact HP Technical Support over the Phone for further assistance to get your unit repaired or replaced based on the warranty policies.

You can also Check your warranty Here to verify the warranty status

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

K N R K

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank You for your help KNRK.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome & have a great day!! 🙂

Thank You,

K N R K

I am an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.