Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion p6510t CTO Desk Top
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello

I have  three  questions regarding an upgrade for  my HP p6510t CTO Desktop computer going  from Windows 7 to Windows 10.  

Question 1:  After running  the windows 10 disc.    Do I need to download any drivers to complete   the upgrade.   If so where can I get them and how many will  I need. 

Question 2:  As was  with windows 7  I  needed  service pack 1 to download software .  Is there anything similar to do so   with Windows 10. 

Question 3:  After an upgrade can I ever return my computer back to factory settings as was able with HP Windows 7 computer .   By  running a system recovery.  

Please any input will be graciously accepted.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

There are no W10 drivers for your PC. 

HP does not support any PC that was made before August 2013 with W10 drivers.

So, in the event something doesn't work after the upgrade, you would have to check the individual hardware component manufacturer's websites to see if they have W10 drivers for any device(s) not working.

You do not have to have any prerequisite updates to install W10.  If you are at W7 SP1, you are good to go.

You will probably not be able to revert to W7 using the system recovery method unless you made a set of W7 recovery disks.

If things don't work right after you upgrade to W10, you have 30 days to automatically revert to W7.

This link will show you how to do that.

https://www.howtogeek.com/220723/how-to-uninstall-windows-10-and-downgrade-to-windows-7-or-8.1/

Unless your PC has some optional devices such as TV tuners, some wireless cards, and whatnot, your PC should run fine on W10 according to the specs.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.