Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bncrane Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Totally borked my BIOS after latest update + Solution!

h9-1215t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After successfully updating my BIOS with the latest from HP I completely borked the BIOS by fiddling around with the settings. Push 'power on' 6 long beeps no video. Then a thought came back from the dim recesses of my mind from the dawn of time...that is about 5 years ago. I carefully(!) pulled the side cover of the machine and extra carefully removed the CMOS Battery (CR2032) and let it sit for 5 minutes. Reassemble, power on, successful boot. Remember this trick so you can tell your great-grandchildren...no wait they'll be quantum computing by telepathy...hmm.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation