Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
AmeliaBedelia97 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touch Screen Will Not Work

HP ENVY TouchSmart
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have an HP ENVY TouchSmart, Windows 8.1 and 64-bit operating system and yesterday my touch screen was working fine, and today I turn on my laptop and it doesn't work at all. Keyboard works fine, mouse works fine. everything but the touchscreen. I thought it could be complications from a very recent update but It was updated on the 17th. Under my system information it says, "Pen and Touch: No Pen or Touch Input is available for this display". I don't know if that's unusual. I've restarted it, and tried steps to fix the problem like "calibrate my screen" but i can't seem to find the settings to it. In my Device Manager settings, I can't seem to find anything relating to touchscreen software, if there is any? I take good care of my laptop but I don't know the first thing about it. There is no damage to it. 

When troubleshooting Hardware and Devices, "The driver for eGalaxTouch EXC7910-1037-11.01.01 is not installed."...

Problems found: eGalaxTouch EXC7910-1037-11.01.01 doesn't have a driver-Not fixed. 

Hardware changes might not have been detected-Detected. 

I've checked if anything neds to be updated. I dont know what to do from here. Is there anything that I need to install? 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18220 18170 1481 2515
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touch Screen Will Not Work

@AmeliaBedelia97

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service!

I understand you have trouble using the touch screen as it isn't responding as it should, 

Here is the link with a few steps that should resolve the issue: Click here

Keep me posted!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation