cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bpmc
Level 1
7 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Touch Smart 300 problem

HP Recommended

This afternoon, I was attempting to go into "setup" on my Touchsmart 300 (by pressing the F11 key during the initial screen).  I think I probably pressed it three or four times in rapid succession, but right after doing so, the screen went blank and the internal cooling fan started running really loud.  I manually cycled the power a couple of times but to no avail... the problem still persists.

Any hints as to what might be going on?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brian

1 REPLY 1
MechPilot
Retired
Retired
7,336 3,887 359 625
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi bpmc,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand that your desktop is showing a blank screen with the cooling fan running loudly, and I would be happy to help you! To begin, I will need to ask you a few questions:

In the meantime, I recommend following this document on when the Screen is Blank after Starting the Computer. For the loud fan noise, I suggest following this resource on Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly (Windows 7) and (Windows 😎.

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting and the requested information. I am looking forward to your reply!

Regards Smiley Happy

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Tags (1)
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation