Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased the HP Envy,  and some how some way the touch screen has turned itself off or no longer works, its never been dropped or damaged in any way it just sits on my desk at work. i have gone into the human interface systems and they are all enabled so i do not know how it is possible my touch screen no longer functions. please help

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings @Hayman44

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that the touchscreen on your computer stopped working and you have tried to troubleshoot the issue on your own by checking the human interface in device manager. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Have you run HP Support Assistant on your computer?

Would it be possible for you to provide the exact product number of your computer? Click here. Please do not share the serial number of your computer. 

Recommend you boot the computer to recovery manager by tapping F11 repeatedly on startup. 

Check if the touchscreen is working in recovery manager. 

If the touchscreen is working in recovery manager mode, perform a system restore on your computer. Click here for assistance. 

If the touchscreen is not working in recovery manager, please contact our phone support for the service options available for your computer. 

Please refer to this HP Article for other troubleshooting steps. 

Run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers on your computer is updated. Click here to know more. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.