cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bochula
Level 1
9 9 0 0
Message 21 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Oh I see what you are saying the emoji is colon then letter (example= :D: or :C: or :X:) Correct?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
rdhp
Level 2
19 17 0 4
Message 22 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes

bochula
Level 1
9 9 0 0
Message 23 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Okay My Set Up 

D:(then I hit enter)

dism{space}/{space}image:D:{Space}or:Package_for_KB3097877~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1{Space}/{Space}scratchdir:D:

the following options would be to swap the D for C or E or X in every instance....Now is this correct? I am going crazy here Thank you so much for helping me

rdhp
Level 2
19 17 0 4
Message 24 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are missing the remove-package portion and spaces are only before "/"

bochula
Level 1
9 9 0 0
Message 25 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

\/{SPACE}remove-package{SPACE}/packagename:Package_for_

bochula
Level 1
9 9 0 0
Message 26 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Finally something happened, D worked for me now my computer says do not turn off preparing to configure for windows so I havve my fingerrs crossed. Ill let you know what happens in a few. 

rdhp
Level 2
19 17 0 4
Message 27 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Why are you putting the space in front of "/" it should be a space before all of them.

bochula
Level 1
9 9 0 0
Message 28 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank You SO MUCH YOU ARE THE BEST ...You Saved Me in such a big WAY I am sending you a BIG KISS IN ALL CAPS THROUGHT THE SCREEN!!!!!!!!!!! Going to the control panel to get rid of the updates right now 

dwc2
Level 1
7 6 0 2
Message 29 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

YES!!! The reddit solution FINALLY worked for me as well, with many entries and tries. A lot of trial and error, but the advice here and on reddit gave me confidence that I would finally hit the right combo. 

I have a touchsmart 610.  The appropriate directory for me ended up being D (for the "X" in the string). I got a number of errors on the way (2, 87, 267).  For my computer I had to end the command string with "\temp"

here's the reddit site again:

https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/3seu7e/flashing_login_screen_windows_7/

The string is:

X:

dism /image:X:\ /remove-package /packagename:Package_for_KB3097877~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1 /scratchdir:X:\temp

--> replace the "X" with your drive letter.  D worked for me, but others needed C or E. Some people needed to remove the "\temp" at the end of the string, but for me it didn't work without it. As noted by others, there is a space before each "/". Good luck all!

dwc2
Level 1
7 6 0 2
Message 30 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

YES!!! The reddit solution FINALLY worked for me as well, with many entries and tries. A lot of trial and error, but the advice here and on reddit gave me confidence that I would finally hit the right combo. 

I have a touchsmart 610.  The appropriate directory for me ended up being D (for the "X" in the string). I got a number of errors on the way (2, 87, 267).  For my computer I had to end the command string with "\temp"

here's the reddit site again:

https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/3seu7e/flashing_login_screen_windows_7/

The string is:

X:

dism /image:X:\ /remove-package /packagename:Package_for_KB3097877~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1 /scratchdir:X:\temp

--> replace the "X" with your drive letter.  D worked for me, but others needed C or E. Some people needed to remove the "\temp" at the end of the string, but for me it didn't work without it. As noted by others, there is a space before each "/". Good luck all!

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation