cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tcphp
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

TouchSmart 300 Screen stuck on startup

HP Recommended
TouchSmart 300
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Help!  We have 3 HP TouchSmart 300 in our office and when we came in this morning and turned them on they all start to boot up, go to the first Windows screen before asking for password and then do this:  the blue cirlce continues to spin and the screen flashes on and off about every second and won't stop.  Does go to the next screen to ask for password.  All we can do is shut them down, otherwise the computer won't respond to any touchscreen instructions, keyboard, mouse, etc. They were all working great yesterday and now today they all simultaneously starting doing this? 

6 REPLIES 6
harshas
Level 1
8 6 0 3
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Looks like there is an update fault. Try system restore...

Often occurs especially if there is something wrong with the system usage

hope you know how to get to system restore without logging in 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Dmccurdy
Level 1
10 9 0 2
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I had the same exact problem, restored it to yesterday afternoon without logging in and the problem is resolved
tcphp
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Not sure how to system restore without logging in? Any help would be appreciated.
Dmccurdy
Level 1
10 9 0 2
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I recommend looking it up 'type how to retire system settings without logging on' tutorials will do much better than I can
Dmccurdy
Level 1
10 9 0 2
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
rdhp
Level 2
19 17 0 4
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi i am having the same issue with one big problem, I dont have any restore points to go to. Any advice or solution. I dont want to a do factory reset since I have very important files to back up. I just cant seem to get the login screen to turn on for me to sign in. The login page loads with no login prompt and the screen just flickers. Very frustrating.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation