cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Laughlin1535 Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 1
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchscreen has stopped working on my HP Envy/Touchsmart

HP Envy Touchscmart
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently the touch screen on my HP ENVY/Touchsmart hasn't been working. When I bought the computer Windows 8 was installed; I converted to Windows 10 and for about a year the touchscreen was working fine.

I also noticed that when I go to HUMAN  INTERFACE Devices in device manager, no touchscreen program appears. ANy suggestions? Thanks

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Retired
Retired
7771 6909 449 841
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @Laughlin1535,

May the Forums be with you!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.  I understand that your touchscreen is not working in Windows 10.  I am happy to help with this.

Please post the full product number for your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information. HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

Since you mentioned this just occurred recently you could try a System Restore to a point before the issue began, say a few weeks back. HP PCs - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 😎. If that works, then somewhere along the line there was either an update or other change that changed the settings.

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Laughlin1535 Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 1
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Model Number is: 4-1195ca

Seria Number is: [Personal Information Removed]

0 Kudos
Laughlin1535 Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 1
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

System Restore doesn't appear to be a viable option; i am only able to retore to 6/13/16. Long after the issue came up. So, restoring to that point would be senseless.

Any other options? Again, i believe that there should be a touchscreen driver that appears under device manager and human interface devices. There is nothing indicating that I even have a touchscreen. Only a logitch mouse, HID compliant radio and wireless button driver.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
7771 6909 449 841
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the updated information.

Check in Device Manager to see whether there are any unknown devices listed. If yes, remove them and then Scan for Hardware changes and see if a HID-compliant touch screen now appears.  Otherwise, check out this and see if it helps at all. HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 10).

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
0 Kudos
dionysas Top Student
Top Student
6 5 0 0
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  Is there a solution?  I did notice that I also now have a local Z drive?  What is that?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
7771 6909 449 841
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @dionysas,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!  I understand that your touchscreen is no longer working for you.  I am happy to give you a hand with this.

Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.  HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?  HP PCs - How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer

Assuming for now that you are running Windows 10, did you try the various suggestions I gave to @Laughlin1535?  

Does the touch screen show up in Device Manager, or are there any devices listed that have warnings, exclamation marks, or anything similar associated with them?

Was there any recent change made to your system that coincided with the touchscreen no longer working?

Please let me know when you can.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Laughlin1535 Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 1
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, nothing has worked. I took the computer to Microsoft store and they performed diagnostics. They said it was a hardware problem.  Although several years old, this is really a very low mileage conputer. Disappointing

0 Kudos
dionysas Top Student
Top Student
6 5 0 0
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!

It will sometimes work if it will recalibrate.  But sometimes it work even allow me to calibrate it.  It won't let me restore past 9-28-16 and that is after the problem so it doesn't do any good.  Ever since a recent update with windows 10 I have nothing but problems.  It was fine when I upgraded to 10 for a long time.  Now it is just worthless.  Why did I spend so much money on a computer when it updates and then doesn't work?  UGH!  I also get a message that Intel Rapid Storage Technology Sata disc failed but when I click on it there's no way for me to fix it.  This update has really messed up my pc.

0 Kudos
Laughlin1535 Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 1
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've found the suggestions on this forum to be quite useless and mostly irrelevant. Good luck on your issue!

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation