cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Zaidnatalie Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchscreen stopped working but everything else seems fine

HP pavilion notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
I've had my laptop since August and its great but about a month ago my touch screen stopped working. It had been working fine every since I bought it but I can't seem to find out what went wrong. It might be a setting but I've tried correcting that already... HELP
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Associate Dean Associate Dean
Associate Dean
5903 5828 465 1568
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Please find the link given below might help you to fix your issue.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04789449

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17328 16626 898 2525
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hiya @ 

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I'd be happy to help you with your Touch Screen. I understand from your description that you have a Pavilion notebook that was working well until about a month ago, and I think I can assist!

Although the following document title indicates it pertains to Windows 8 PCs, it also applies to Windows 10 and I suggest you review the solutions presented: HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 😎.

If the issue persists, let me know and I will do all I can to help. If however this resolves the issue, please click the Accept as Solution button below. 

Thanks. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Zaidnatalie Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello unfortunately this didn't work for me. Apparently I don't have Tablet PC Settings on my control panel and I'm having trouble regaining it. I'm not sure what to do from here

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17328 16626 898 2525
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Zaidnatalie

I'd like to direct you to a post written by @EmeraldAvenger that I think could help: Re: HP Pavilion TouchSmart 14-n055sa - Touchscree​n not working

Please complete the recommendations posted and if the issue persists, post back here with the answers to the questions you see posted. I will list them below for easy reference for you:

Has the Touchscreen worked at all since Upgrading to Windows 10?

Did this happen after you had done a Windows Update?

Have you checked to see if the driver has been disabled?

Have you tried to run the Windows Troubleshooter?

Have you tried to Perform a hard reset?

Have you tried to Update the BIOS and graphics driver?

Have you tried to Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics?

Have you tried to Configure the touch display?

Have you tried to Enable the touch screen driver in Device Manager?

Thanks, I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation