Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Hautepynk

I understand you can't boot into Windows.

Have you made any changes to the computer? (new software or hardware)

I have included a document for the screen not loading up properly.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02217843

Try and access the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI screen and run the tests.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443317

What operating system are you using?
Here is a document to check your operating system for Windows.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/which-operating-system

Let me know if you were able to access and run the tests.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Here's the deal. I have this exact same issue. Of course the warranty ran out just before this happened... I sent it away to my computer tech. He sent it somewhere else. It was gone for almost 2 years! Needless to say this is a common problem and apparently HP knows about it but there is no replacement part to be purchased or even put in by HP! No known fix... I'm just supposed to go out and buy another computer! Yeah well, it was not and will not be another HP! On a positive note the computer still looks great and still has the protective film!
HP Recommended

I too have the same problem with the 310-1125y.

It will flash the blue HP screen for a second and then go blank.  The computer will continue to boot and I can herar the Windows 7 login chimes through the speakers, but I just can not see anything.

I have been told by HP reps to hold the power button with the power supply disconected and do the F8, F5.  All this is smoke.....  there is  hardware issue and HP refuses to fix it.

Maybe we should start a pitition on Change.org to get HP  to reconginze that their Touchsmarts are not that smart!

HP Recommended

Wow! I wish I would have Googled this and read the thread first. I just had the same problem earlier this week. After troubleshoot with HP they told me it was the HDD. I bought a HDD from them and of course it still did not resolve the problem. I got back on the phone with them and we did more troubleshooting and they stated it was the motherboard. I declined to allow them to fix this and decided to purchase another computer. What a waste of time and money!

HP Recommended

hi i am only replying to this message as i would like to help anyone that has had this problem. i had this exact problem on a customers hp touchsmart 310-1220uk the problem is that the processor stops working i had this problem of the screen just going black but nothing happens all you hear is the fan and there is no sound. all you need to to is buy a replacement processor and make sure it has the same TDP (thermal design power) basicly the amount of cooling it needs this processor is very cheap second hand or even new. hope this helps people in the future that has this problem. regards andrew

HP Recommended
Power light comes on,but no pic or home screen. It's jus black no desktop,no pic
HP Recommended
I tried everything,at the top.
HP Recommended

Hi Bill,

This suddenly happened to me as well. When I turn it on, it sounds like its starts up, but shows nothing on the screen (not light or dim) and after you hear it boot up for a second, it does nothing. You can only turn it on and off.

HP says they dont service these anymore, so they cant repair it? What are my options. Power button/F8 trick? Replace the processor? Help me keep this work horse around! Are they easily modifiable? Thanks, Charlie

HP Recommended
Thanks,I'll pick up a processor of Amazon. I hope that will fix it. I bought this for my wife a few years ago. She's already has a new laptop,her mom got it for her. So I'm going to fix this one and sale it.
HP Recommended

Okay, I fixed it today!

Start your compter and let it boot.  Now take a strong flashlight at place it at an angle and see if you can see anything on the screen, it might take a dark room and getting the flash right just right.  It took me a few minuites before I saw something.

If this is the case then the inverter is bad.  Order part number PWB-IV18182T/C1-E-HF for the HP Touchsmart 310 PC.  Make sure that the pins line up for your modle as there are difernent configurations.  My 310 has the phugs that are 90 degrees to the board and there are others that point to each end.  You will need to look at yours to be sure.  I found mine on ebay for about $35.

Good luck, hope this helps!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.