cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
AdamNicholson
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchsmart 520-1030uk won't turn on

I have a Touchsmart 520-1030uk that is just over a year old and it has just started to fail to turn on.

I can see a light on the power supply and where the power supply attaches to the PC, however, nothing happens when I press the power button.

I have double checked the power supply and it worked with an HP laptop.

I am guessing that there may be something wrong with the power button.

Is there anything I can try and is there anything else that could be wrong?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Level 14
Level 14
6,936 6,932 719 2,764
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please try the troubleshooting steps in the following weblinks:

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Highlighted
Level 4 Hasan_M
Level 4
64 64 6 15
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi...

As you have mentioned that the touchsmart does not turn at all, I suggest you to check the following document which have some steps that could be helpful.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05336130 (Link Updated 04/26/2017)

Please check the steps under "The computer does not turn on".

I work for HP....
........................just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.

Clicking Kudos! is a nice way to say "Thank You" if this helped you .... also mark "Accept It As A Solution" so that others get a benefit from it..
AdamNicholson
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for this. I have worked through all of the steps on the 'Computer Does Not Turn On', with no success.

Is there anything else I can try?

If not do you have a parts list for my PC?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Level 9
4,472 4,401 257 819
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello AdamNicholson.

This link has part numbers and other part information about your PC.

I hope it helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation