cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
griff7
Level 1
10 6 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchsmart 600-1255qd with Lightscribe

I bought a touchsmart 600-1255qd earlier this year, which supposed to have came with "Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner with LightScribe Technology ".  I recently bought a set of lightscribe disks and couldn't get it to work.  My device manage lists the drive as "hp DVDWBD TS-TB23L".

Does this drive support lightscribe?  Did HP install the wrong drive?  Anyone else have this problem?

-MM

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
griff7
Level 1
10 6 0 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

FYI, HP fraudulently advertised that my custom ordered PC would have a slot loading blu ray player/DVD burner with lightscribe technology.  The product shipped did not have that feature even though it was listed as having that feature on their website.  

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02110359

HP will now do nothing to correct it.  It even appears (after calling HP parts) that a blu-ray player/DVD burner with lightscribe techology does not exist.

Since it took me more than a month to get around to trying to use the lightscribe feature and realizing I couldn't HP wont take my PC back as a return (or even honor correcting the problem as a warranty issue).

What a scam?

Anyone else have this issue?  ...Class action lawsuit anyone?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
dunaengus
Level 1
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The exact same thing happened to me. I just bought a TouchSmart 600-1390 this week from MicroCenter and believed I was getting a computer with Lightscribe. The HP product website says that it has Lightscribe. The MicroCenter product website does not list Lightscribe in the features (which are not a complete listing of all specifications), but Lightscribe is listed in the fine print. This is extremely confusing. I believe that I am a very capable computer user and I feel that I was tricked as well. I didn't find out until after I bought a pack of Lightscribe DVDs.

After a lot of searching on the internet I think that this model either has a Blu-rayDVD player or a Lightscrive DVD drive, not both. I'm actually still not even sure that this is the case.

The box that my computer came in says that I have a Blu-ray drive, and my device is listed as a SuperMulti DVD Burner DVDWBD TS-TB23L. I have to find a Blu-ray disc to double-check this capability to be sure.

0 Kudos
catwoman8
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I bought a HP TouchSmart 600 advertised with a lightscribe drive. Trying to use the computer for printing a lightscribe disc, I found the computer does not have a lightscribe job. Does anyone else have this problem? I have the original documentation and purchase order.

0 Kudos
griff7
Level 1
10 6 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you have BluRay it's likely you don't have lightscribe.  After I went thru the run around with HP tech support it seems the options are DVD with lightscribe or BluRay without.  They don't  (or at least didn't) have any option of ordering a part for a bluray with lightscribe (despite what was shown on their product  sales website).

-mm

0 Kudos
catwoman8
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Logged on to Support forum. Sent message. Here is reply.

Subscription to Topic: Touchsmart 600-1255qd with Lightscribe(1 Update)
There was a new Reply.
Subject: Re: Touchsmart 600-1255qd with LightscribeAuthor: griff7 (Honor Student) Date: 09-20-2011 03:37 PM

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may select the "Kudos" button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

To manage your subscriptions or to change your subscription options, click here.

If this link doesn't work:

1. Log on to HP Support Forum.
  2. Click My Profile.
  3. Click the Subscriptions & Bookmarkstab.
  4. Change your settings and click Save Changes.

Thanks for being a HP Support Forum member.

Your HP Support Forum Team

HP Support Forum sent this message to email address

No help from HP.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation