Note on archived topics.
12-30-2016 09:45 PM
Happy New Year ! Everyone.
My friend upgraded his Touchsmart 610-1210a to Win10 recently, and now it boots into blank screen after HP logo and Windows 10 icon with spinning circle.
The screen is totally black except the white mouse cursor, which is movable.
Have done following troubleshoot, still no luck.
Has anyone had the similar issue on Touchsmart ?
Can anyone tell me how to get into safe mode for this Touchsmart 610 at least ?
Thanks a lot.
1. Hard reset, unplug power cable from wall, hold power button for 15 seconds.
2. F10 into Computer Setup (BIOS), Apply Default and Exit.
3. F11 into System recovery, Recovery Manager wondows shows up
---no restore point to do System Restore.
---Startup repair cannot repair the computer.
---System recovery --> Back your file first (my friend doesn't want to lose the files, 50G), plug in a 150G blank USB drive, formated as exFAT and NTFS, ----> Recevery Manager could not back up your files.
4. I got into "Choose an Option" screen once only, couldn't remember how now. Tried F8 on starting, or Shift on starting, or Shft + F8 on starting, all these keys doesn't bring up "Choose an Option" screen. When I was in "Choose an Option" screen, Advanced options --> Start up --> F4 to safe mode, still black screen with mouse.
5. Press Win key + P on blank screen, "Project to a conneced screen" comes up, tried all options there, no change.
01-01-2017 09:06 AM
Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with HP TouchSmart 610-1000 Desktop. I understand that your computer does not boot into windows, and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting.
- I recommend you to run hard drive test.
- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.
- On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) the main menu, click System Tests.
- Click Quick Test.
- Click Run once.
Click here to refer the document and perform these steps.
Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.
If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,
Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".
Let me know how you make out.
I am an HP Employee
01-04-2017 12:30 PM
You've done a remarkable job performing the steps suggested earlier, great work :)
And don't worry, as we should be able to fix this up with a few more steps and I'll be with you until we ensure this issue is fixed.
I understand you've attempted running a test using the UEFI tests,
Perhaps you could retry using this video: Click here
If this doesn't work either, I recommend contacting HP as this would be deemed as a hardware failure,
Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:
Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.
They will be happy to assist you immediately.
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,
Mark my post as Accepted Solution.
And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.
I am an HP Employee
01-05-2017 09:39 PM
This one is way out of the warranty...
Can you or anyone tell me how to get into safe mode ? or how to get into "Choose an option" startup screen on this Win10 Touchsmart610 ?
F8 or 'shift + F8' doens't work.