Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Slimline 260-a020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey Folks,

So I just bought the HP Slimline 260-a020 today and am having issues with it recognising my second monitor. The first monitor connected using the HDMI port works fine but the second, using the VGA is not working. Swapped the VGA cable with another brand new one with no luck and I tried the HDMI cable on the other monitor, which worked, so it's not a hardware issue. Updated the Display/Monitor driver and the AMD Radeon Graphics Driver. I'm completely out of ideas, tech support is no help, even though I bought the computed TODAY, it is somehow "Out of warranty" and they want me to pay $99.99 to fix what should be working out of the box. Now I remember why I've been a Mac guy for all these years.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Floryjg

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to setup two monitors on your computer.

I’d love to help!

Follow below steps and check if it helps.

Windows Key + P Keyboard Shortcut

1. Close all open programs.

2. Hold down the Windows key and press the P key on your keyboard.

3. Select one of the following display style options (Figure 1😞
    • PC Screen Only
    • Duplicate
    • Extend
    • Second Screen Only

Method 2: Display Settings Menu

1. Close all open programs.

2. Right-click an empty area on your desktop, and click Display Settings (Figure 2).

3. Click the Multiple Displays drop-down list, and select Duplicate these displays or Extend these displays or Show only on 1 or Show only on 2 (Figure 3).
    If you cannot see the second monitor(s) listed, click Detect. If this does not work, try to reconnect the cables on your monitor, restart the computer and repeat steps 1 and 2.

4. Click Identify to see which monitor is number 1 (Primary Monitor) and number 2 (Secondary Monitor).

5. Click Keep Changes if you are prompted to save the changes made to the display settings (Figure 4).

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If the information I've provided was helpful, please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help, but I suppose I should be more specific, I know how to set up displays but the computer does not detect the second monitor at all. I've tried multiple cables, the monitor works when plugged into the HDMI out but does not work when connected to the VGA out. Is there a tech support number I can call? I'm beginning to think this is a hardware issue and I literally bought the computer yesterday and it's supposed to have a 90-day warranty. It took me 2 hours to contact someone last night and they wanted to charge me $99.99 to just get the computer to do what it's advertised to do out of the box.

HP Recommended

Hi @Floryjg

Thank you for posting back.

I would like to know whether you have installed a graphics card on the computer? If yes, do let me know the details.

Follow below steps to contact phone support.

Step 1. Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If the information I've provided was helpful, please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have not installed a graphics card, just using the one that came with the PC. The number that form takes me to is the one that reqires me to pay for help on my brand new computer. I'm going to contest the warranty period but I have to use this computer for work and dont have time to wait to get the 90-day warranty that was advertised with the product, I really appreciate all your help and you've been propt and have offered solutions, but outside of your replies, HP has provided some of the WORST customer service I have ever recieved. Instead of trying to save some money next time I'm just going to go with a company that cares about the people who just shelled out hundreds of dollars for their product.

HP Recommended

Hi @Floryjg

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.