cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
blew888
Level 4
127 126 5 15
Message 31 of 36
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Apologize for the late response.  There is one time the tutorials were placed in c:\hp\tutorials, I believe the directory structure is the same, you can place the locale.xml in there and should work.  Please provide me the system info by doing a ctrl-alt-S, I will need the build ID.

0 Kudos
roadrunnerray
Level 2
24 21 0 0
Message 32 of 36
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Morning RasterBlaster, I was able to add the locale.xml file to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP TouchSmart Tutorials\locale.xml folder after I changed the permissions for the "Hewlett-Packard" folder but this did not resolve the problem. I will try your suggestion this evening and let you know how it worked. Many thanks for continuing to assist............Ray
0 Kudos
roadrunnerray
Level 2
24 21 0 0
Message 33 of 36
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks blew888, I will get the "system info" for you this evening.....................Ray
0 Kudos
RasterBlaster
Level 11
Level 11
2,604 2,587 187 712
Message 34 of 36
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please put your updated, good locale.xml file in C:\HP\Tutorials and restart the PC.

I am an HP employee expressing my own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
0 Kudos
roadrunnerray
Level 2
24 21 0 0
Message 35 of 36
Flag Post
HP Recommended

****  SUCCESS ****

Many thanks to all for assisting in the resolution of this problem. I placed the corrected XML file into the "C:\HP\Tutorials" directory and the tutorials program executed........................Ray

0 Kudos
roadrunnerray
Level 2
24 21 0 0
Message 36 of 36
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here is the system info......................Ray

Model #: IQ506
Product #: FK976AA-ABA
Serial #: 3CR8290P26
Software Build #: 83NAv6XrA5
Service ID #: 090-308
PCBRAND: Pavilion

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation