Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Z2 Mini G3 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I want to deploy an image on the HP Z2 Mini G3 Workstation. We do this with Windows Deployment Service. But, if I want this to work, I need to boot via UEFI Network, but I can't find that option. The only option I see is Legacy. When I choose Legacy Network boot, it won't show the SSD to install Windows on. I've seen this behaviour before on different HP-devices, the solution then was to network boot via UEFI. Yes, UEFI Boot Order is checked, Legacy boot is disabled. Secure Boot is also turned off. The only two boot options I see when I go to 'Boot Menu' are the SSD and an USB-device.

How do I get this UEFI Network boot option?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Legacy Support is automatically disabled when Secure Boot is enabled. When Legacy Support is disabled in the Secure Boot Configuration Menu, the Legacy Boot Sources category in the Boot Order menu is automatically disabled. Similarly, the Legacy Boot Sources category is automatically enabled when Legacy Support is changed from disabled to enabled. The Option ROM Launch Policy menu allows the user to control whether only legacy option ROMs, only UEFI option ROMs, or no option ROMs are to control video, mass storage, or network controllers that are detected in the system. The option ROM launch policy for a given controller dictates whether its associated boot sources are shown in the Boot Order menu under UEFI Boot Sources, Legacy Boot Sources, or neither category. Note that all “Legacy-only” option ROM launch policies are automatically switched to “UEFI-only” when Legacy Support is disabled. Likewise, all “UEFI-only” option ROM launch policies are automatically switched to “Legacy-only” when Legacy Support is enabled.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.*****

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I solved it in a different way. Secure Boot was already disabled, but the UEFI-boot option wasn't visible. I've updated the BIOS: no joy. I resetted CMOS: no joy. I was about to give up, powered the HP down, disconnected it from the power supply and left it there for like a day. After a day I booted it up and voila: the UEFI Network-boot option was suddenly available.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.