cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Kriss0612
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

USB 3.0 ports not working with new chassi

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion P6-2375eo
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! I recently bought a new chassi for my computer. Unfortunetaly, the front USB 3.0 ports arent working. They have already sent me replacement cables and ports twice, and the problem persists. It works without a problem with the old chassi and connectors, and Im really running out of ideas as to what might be causing the problem. Also, the ports arent completely dead. One of them does provide power, and the computer recognizes that something had been put in, and it is getting power, but the device is not recognized. The partially-working port hasnt been the same with each new I/O panel either, as it has been the right one twice and the left one once.  Im wondering if it has something to do with the motherboard not accepting cables and connectors from other manufacturers? I would be really grateful for an answer here. 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,618 3,995
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Kriss0612

Thank you for joining HP Forums.}

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

As I understand you've changed the chassis of your HP product and now the USB 3.0 ports aren't working,
Perhaps, I should inform you that we don't recommend changing or customizing the chassis of the product as it voids the warranty, although that said, please check these related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here & here for more details.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Kriss0612
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, none of those posts really involve the same issue as Im having here, which is the ports not working at all. I cant install new drivers either, because HP doesnt seem to have any drivers at all for Windows 10 for my product...

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Kriss0612

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

The posts I had shared had exactly the same issue you have, I don't see why it didn't resolve your issue.

And since it hasn't helped perhaps you could look for the drivers for windows 10 at the Manufacturer: Foxconn (Click here for your product specs for more information)

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Kriss0612
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Im sorry if I answered impolitely, it's just that this issue has been really frustrating during the last week. I appreciate that you are trying to help me here. I searched for the drivers at Foxconn, but they also lack drivers for Windows 10. Nevertheless, I tried installing USB 3.0 drivers for an older Windows version, which didnt help. Also, I dont see how this could be a driver issue, since the old chassi and USB ports work fine with the motherboard. I dont have much computer hardware knowledge, but surely, a USB connector is a USB connector, right? I mean, unless somehow, miraculously, Cooler Master has managed to send me 3 non-working I/O panels, the problem must be elsewhere, right? I just dont know where.

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Kriss0612

ugh! you are absolutely right, you don't see miracles every day and I'm not betting on one either,

I suggest you make sure the USB header is really in the right place. This points to an improperly connected case connection.

Perhaps, you could use the old chassis again and check if it works,
maybe there's something blocking the USB 3.0 connections in the cool master.

Let me know how that pans out, 

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Kriss0612
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

THanks for the answer. I just checked for the 3rd time with the old chassi, and both ports work without a problem. I have plugged in the USB 3.0 header at least a dozen times to the motherboard, and Im certain that it's completely in. I doubt it has to do with the header not being put in completely anyway, because otherwise the one port that is actually getting power wouldnt have done so. I really dont know what to do at this point, I might get an opportunity to try the cables and ports with a friend's computer soon, so maybe I will be able to figure out if it's a problem with the cables or if it has to do with the motherboard.

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Kriss0612

Checking with the friend's computer is a great idea,

Also, does the USB 3.0 in the backports (integrated to the motherboard) work fine? that would confirm if it's either the cables or the motherboard itself.

Let me know how that pans out, 

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation