Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ukbadge Tutor
Tutor
16 11 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

USB 3.0

HP Pavilion P6-2035uk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have no idea why, but suddenly my PC has stopped seeing my USB3.0 back-up drives.

Which drivers do I need?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Chrisv213 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

USB 3.0

I am not sure where to find the latest drivers for USB 3.0, but I had a similar problem with my Pavilion 23 All-in-One. The solution is to uninstall the Root Hub from the port. Go into the control panel and open Device Manager. Expand the Universal Serial Bus Controllers tab at the bottom. Find the Root Hub labelled (xHCI), as that is the 3.0 port. Make sure that nothing is plugged into that port, right click the (xHCI) Root Hub and click Uninstall. Restart the computer, plug your device into the 3.0 port, and the computer will automatically reinstall the latest driver to the port, and you should be golden.

0 Kudos
ukbadge Tutor
Tutor
16 11 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

USB 3.0

Thanks for the suggestion. Hada look and could not find any Root Hub labelled  xHCI.

usb.JPG

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation