Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
8 4 0 1
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

USB Ports not recognizing devices

HP Compaq 8200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a refurbished  HP Compaq 8200 Elite Convertible Minitower PC

The USB ports (front and rear) do not recognize any devices including USB Mouse and Keyboard

I've upgraded to the latest     "Intel(r) 6 Series/c200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1c2D  and  1C26

When I plug a generic optical mouse in,  I can see it listed in device Manager as "Other Devices"  and tried to update the driver but I can seem to find a generic driver..  I think the issue is more bout the USB ports not recognizing any devices?

Please help

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have the same problem.

I had 8200 minitower with windows 7. Everything worked fine. After upgrading to windows 10 the annoying things starts.

In safe mode everything works propperly.

In device manager usb-hub stops with code 43. Neither of possible drivers has solved the problem. intel 9.xxx driver didnt work, intel 10.xxx driver failed too.

My temporary solution is NEVER turn off PC. It works for me since one week 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,112 41,364 4,515 11,830
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The problem is that you need to find and install the Intel Q67 Express chipset driver.

You can try the Intel driver utility, but there is no guarantee that it will work.

https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjy84fNofLKA...

Your desktop PC uses either a Renseas or Texas Instruments USB 3.0 XHCI host controller.  

Use the device manager to see which one is installed.

I am not an HP Employee.
You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply was the information you were looking for that helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

#HelpStopTheSpread #PracticeSocialDistancing distancing
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Intel driver utility doesnt work, because it looks like windows 10 is not supported for this chipset...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 4 0 1
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

niether of these Renseas or Texas Instruments USB 3.0 XHCI host controller drivers help...  

If I plug in a 3.0 device...  like a SanDisk drive..  I have to go to device manager and tell it to use a generic RAM DISK driver... unfortunatly it doesnt stick..

Similarly if I plug in my Android phone,  it is not recognized as a storage device... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,112 41,364 4,515 11,830
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You may have to consider rolling back your OS to the previous one.

I am not an HP Employee.
You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply was the information you were looking for that helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

#HelpStopTheSpread #PracticeSocialDistancing distancing
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 4 0 1
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks..  loving windows 10.. . will just live with this situation..  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

any solution? one of the latest windows updates has in changelog: fixed USB devices problems on reboot.

still not working for me. I know plenty of computers with WIN10, but only HP have problems.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation