Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Teacher
Message 1 of 1 (172 Views)

USB can be faster message ???

I have a Compaq PC as follows:

Compaq Presario S5160UK DT261A under XP/SP3
Processor - Celeron 2.7 GHz
Motherboard - MSI MS-6577 v2.1
RAM - 1GB + 512MB (1GB +1GB max) DDR PC2700
PSU - Octigen 300W model 10270PSOTG ('upgraded' from original Bestec 250W PSU [in 2011?])
Nvidia GeForce 6200 graphics card in AGP slot.

(essentially unchanged from new)

It has six USB ports.  I think they are all USB 2.0  ports, but 2 of them are 'slaved' onto the others or something like that [I think, though the m/b spec just says 'Two front, four back (ver. 2.0)].

Anyway, when ever I plug a USB device into any port I always get a speech bubble up containg a message saying something like 'This device can perform faster. This USB device can perform faster if it is connected to a Hi-speed USB 2.0 port.  For a list of available ports click here.'  Clicking here does nothing - it just closes the bubble.  The devices work (don't know what speed).  All the ports on my PC are USB 2 ports !  so what's wrong ?  Or maybe someone could explain what this message means please ?

Woodwood

11.January.2014

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation