Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (302 Views)

USB conflict dc7100 sff

Hello

I use the dc7100 to run several virtual organs.  As part of the system, I use a touchscreen and a midi interface, both of these are connected via usb.

I have had issues with the screen where its recognition of touch becomes inaccurate.  I removed all other usb devices - the screen opeerated normally.  I than added back usb devices, one by one, checking the screen accuracy as I went.  All was OK until I added back in the Midisport Midi interface - the screen loses accuracy!

Where might I get updates for the usb driver(s)?

BTW - is it a definite that this dc7100 will not run Windows 7 in 64bit mode?

Currently running XP Pro with 4 gb memory - shame XP doesn't use all of it.

Any help gratefully received.

Andy

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 4 (297 Views)

Re: USB conflict dc7100 sff

Hi, Andy:

The only thing I can recommend is that you install the latest chipset driver and see if that helps.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=816&DwnldID=20775&keyword=chipset+ins...

The dc7100 can run W7 64 bit, but only if it has one of the Intel Pentium 4 6xx series processors.

It wouldn't matter about the 4 GB of memory, even with a 64 bit OS you will see the same amount of memory used.

You need an Intel PC with an Intel series 965 or newer chipset in order for all 4 GB of memory to be seen and used by Windows.

You would also need to purchase an add-on W7 capable graphics card in order to use all of the graphics features of W7 since the onboard GMA 900 video adapter is not completely W7 capable.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (287 Views)

[ Edited ]

Paul, thank you for your speedy reply to my post.

I followed your link however, 2 things:

the site stated that USB issues would not be addressed in this update; and,

when I attempted to download and run the update anyway, it reached a stage when it reported that my computer didn't meet reqyuirements of the update - the update aborted.

Can't just find a source for the update of the USB port driver.

Eventually, I will need a pc with quad core, 8gb memory (min) and running a 64 bit version of windows.  SOunding pricey!

Thanks again Paul

Andy

Provost
Message 4 of 4 (282 Views)

You're very welcome, Andy.

You may need to install an older version of the chipset driver.

Try this one instead.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=472278&spf...

I once installed W7 x64 on my dc7100 CMT after I upgraded the P4 540 processor to the P4 650 processor.

It worked great with the 4 GB of memory it had.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation