Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
all-in-one 22-b003nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have an all in one computer. Since some day, after tried to disactivate the safe boot form USB, I have the problem that the USB ports don't work anymore. This means that I have no input interface with the computer (no keyboard and no mouse). The enter in windows-10 till the log-in 's window; I have not any chance then to type any PIN or select anything with the mouse. Also in the recovery mode (F1 or F11 that I can type only in the initial phase) the compter reach a winows in which I shoudl select "start" or "advanced Option" but I cannot do nothing. The computer is working but I have no possibiklity to interact with it.

Regards.

Fabio.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

> Also in the recovery mode (F1 or F11 that I can type only in the initial phase)

Your computer does react when you press F1 or F11.  Correct? 

This implies that the motherboard's "minimal" support for your keyboard is working correctly.

Enter BIOS SETUP, and choose "reset to factory defaults".

Save-and-exit from BIOS SETUP, and let Windows boot.

Now, does your keyboard work?

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help.

In reality the computer react only on first instance at the starting. So the computer reach to F11 or F1 (also F2) and enter in the "recovery mode" but after that there is no way to select the options "start" and "advanced option" because the keyboard and mouse become inactive.

Is there some way to enter the BIOS at the start directly?

Regards.
Fabio.

HP Recommended

> The computer reacts only on first instance at the starting.

> So the computer reach to F11 or F1 (also F2)

Good.  That's what I stated -- the motherboard recognizes the USB keyboard, to accept F1 or F2 or F11.

> Is there some way to enter the BIOS at the start directly?

Yes.

At the time when it accepts F1 or F2 or F11, try F10 or F12 or DELETE or ESC.

One of those keys should work.

Once in BIOS SETUP, find "reset factory defaults", and do it.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.