Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
PedroFinn Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

USB ports not working

HP 500B MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I uninstalled on old USB monitor program. All was OK until the uninstaller asked whether I should reconfigure USB ports using (something I can't recall now). Anyhow, both the mouse and the keyboard were not responding obviously because this uninsteller somehow switched off the USB ports. So I had to force a shutdown by pushing the power button.

Now - naturally - I can't log in to my original OS without mouse/keyboard. Obviously there are no physical problems with USB ports: I can log in to my PC using a linux or winpese-x64 usb stick. With those two there are no  problems with USB ports.

A idea how can I get USB ports live again?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation