Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Camaro69 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unable to Adjust Recline Stand

HP EliteOne 800 G2 23" AiO PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I ordered an HP EliteOne 800 G2 23" All-in-One PC with a Recline Stand.  All instructions I have seen so far are inconsistent with the stand I received.  My stand has a lollipop-shaped key in the base that apparently needs to be removed so that the stand can be adjusted.  However I am unable to remove the key with normal exertion and am afraid to apply more force until I am sure of that I am doing.  The key seems to be slightly crooked so I am wondering if perhaps it was damaged in packing or shipping.  If anyone could help with any information about the Recline Stand, I would appreciate if very much.  So far I have found very little information, and nothing about the key, either in the box on on-line.

Thank you,

Ken Traynham 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
notechhere Tutor
Tutor
16 6 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unable to Adjust Recline Stand

Tell me about it!! The computer is so new, that tech support knows nothing about these stands!  But, I do from trial and error.  I had the Recline Stand, and don't worry it will work great ONCE you take that dang key out!  I know, the directions are non existant or very hard to decipher, but you have to pull it out!  Be careful, or get someone who has muscles and it will just pull straight out.

Once it's out, it will work completely. (And it does look alittle crooked before you take it out, but that's ok)

So, Pull the key out.

Lay the computer on a towel or blanket face down, and attach the stand.  It's heavy so have someone help you.

It does snap on, and then the other square plastic piece fits on under it around the cord area, and then lock the bottom black bars and it will snap.  Stand up the computer and it should adjust fine.  (Just realized that you wrote this back in Jan, so you probably know about this now), but for the next person.....

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation