Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
matt_william Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unable to Install windows 7 on HP Z240 SFF Workstation

HP Workstation Z240 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am trying to install Windows 7 on a HP Z240 SFF workstation but when I boot from the Windows 7 USB media, it does not show the HDD even though it is connected. 

it would be great if someone could help me out with this issue.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
226 21 55
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unable to Install windows 7 on HP Z240 SFF Workstation

Hello matt_william,

If you are using a retail version of Windows 7 Operating System. You may have to install the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver while installing the OS.

On the HDD partition windows, you will get LOAD DRIVER option, you have to install Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver.

Please find below link to download Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=8323799&swItemId=wk_156996_1&swEnvOid=405...

NOTE: THIS ACTIVITY NEED TO BE PERFORMED ON ANOTHER UNIT.

TO USE THE INTEL RAPID STORAGE TECHNOLOGY DRIVER DURING A NEW OPERATING SYSTEM INSTALLATION:

1. Download the file by clicking the "Download" or "Obtain Software" button and saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where the downloaded file is saved).

2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.

3. Navigate to C:\SWSETUP\SP73487 and unzip "f6flpy-x64.zip" to a USB key for a 64-bit installation.

4. Use the newly created driver installation media during operating system setup to install the drivers.

Once you copy the driver on another USB media, connect it with unit on which you are trying to install OS. 

Click on Load Driver and navigate to USB and install the driver. Once the installation is complete, You will be able to access HDD and will be able to install OS.

I hope that answers your question. :)

I am an HP employee, the opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to acknowledge the post ***

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation