cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Paul19481
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Unable to download the HP hardware diagnostic

HP Recommended
Example:HP touch Pavillion 300
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am unable to download the HP hardware diagnostics, in windows 10

My CD/DVD drive is shut and cannot inset the CD

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
iomare
Level 15
Level 15
11,173 11,113 2,201 4,482
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

There should be a small hole on the drive (you did not provide model of PC) where you can firmly insert a paper clip and press to open the Drive even when it is not working.

Let me know,

David

0 Kudos
Paul19481
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thks I nevwr expected such a quick response, now i can tell u my actual problem n hope u can help me

Problem: 1)

I am trying to download the HP PC diagnostic but a message appears saying there are already 4 patitions so cannot create another an a error message 1722

so wat shall I do?

Problem 2:

the reason I am trying to do download is because hoping my CD/DVD drive will work again...

My CD/DVD drive is shut and I cannot insert my CD, this happened after I upgraded my windows from 7 to 10

As i was doing a tune up my CD was ejected and the i cannot insert anymore CDs

Solution tried:

updated windows 10

did a reboot

tried the F2 method but cannot

checked for system errors with the sfc method 

went to device manager and put as uninstall for the drive and serched for harware changes

searched for drive updates

used msconfig method

still not able  to solve Problem 1n 2

My Model : NY782AA-AB4300-10

Serial:3CR9421TFH

PRODUCT : HP PAVILLION 300 TOUCHSMART -ALL IN ONE PC

LOCAL CASE #3039134961..THEY DO NOT KNOW WAT TO DO !

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation