cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
roglin Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unable to initiate HotSync operation because the port is in use by another application.

When I try to HotSync my Palm Centro I get the following error Message:

Unable to initiate HotSync operation because the port is in use by another application.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Teacher Teacher
Teacher
64 64 6 15
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The steps resolve this issue is provided in the following document in detail:

http://kb.hpwebos.com/wps/portal/kb/common/article/31375_en.html

Hope this helps!

I work for HP....
........................just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.

Clicking Kudos! is a nice way to say "Thank You" if this helped you .... also mark "Accept It As A Solution" so that others get a benefit from it..
Highlighted
Ed75 Honor Student
Honor Student
1 1 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

On PC  Sync settings set connection to cable then set to bluetooth.  Problem fixed.

Spoiler

CaliforniaBrit Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This site was shut down by HP in May 2015.

I also tried another contributor's solution "On PC  Sync settings set connection to cable then set to bluetooth.  Problem fixed." I have no "cable" opyion, but unchecking cradle, IR, etc then checking "Bluetooth", in any combination, including closing Desktop and reopening, failed to work. 

This and other similar problems have all arisen since upgrading to Win 10.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation