Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 8 (2,518 Views)

Unlocking H-ALVORIX_HF-RS880-uATX to overclock

[ Edited ]

Hi there, I've been having a bit of trouble finding a way to overclock with this mobo ( H-ALVORIX_HF-RS880-uATX ), as the bios is locked.

Does HP offer an unlocked mobo bios driver that I could flash?

Does anyone know of a foxconn driver that would work that I could flash and where it could be found? The foxconn website doesn't seem to acknowledge that they made this mobo.

Does anyone know any good softclock utilities for this MOBO? I have tried like 5 with no success. Setfsb supports it on its shareware version but I don't think they provide registration keys anymore {Content Removed}

Is there a hardware switch that unlocks the mobo and bios?

Please refrain from posting about how I could compromise my system, I understand the risks involved.

Thanks!

TRS

0 Kudos
PhD Student
Message 2 of 8 (2,454 Views)

Re: Unlocking H-ALVORIX_HF-RS880-uATX to overclock

Sorry, but one cannot overclock that HP customized motherboard.  Attempting to modify the BIOS with non-HP approved BIOS files will only result in disaster.

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
Message 3 of 8 (2,442 Views)

[ Edited ]

trsfixit wrote:

Please refrain from posting about how I could compromise my system, I understand the risks involved.

Clearly it can at the very least be softclocked as setfsb is capable of doing so.

PhD Student
Message 4 of 8 (2,429 Views)

Please don't come into a HP owned forum expecting someone to offer a hack to modify a proprietary HP BIOS - ain't gonna happen!

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
Message 5 of 8 (2,407 Views)

HP Suppresses customer innovation; Got it.

*writes down reminder in customer satisfaction book.*

Student
Message 6 of 8 (1,010 Views)

Really? My computer is owned by me, I shall do to it whatever I please regardless of what HP wants me to do with it. I did not spend the thousand bucks so HP could tell me what I could change in MY computer. Will be the last HP I purchase, if they don't want people messing with it then they should have made it function better to begin with. I don't want a computer that will last for 10 years because in 10 years it will be absolutely useless. So when I need a new PC in a few more years I'll be going in a direction opposite of HP!

Student
Message 7 of 8 (530 Views)

ok

Retired
Message 8 of 8 (525 Views)

Hi!

I have closed this thread to help keep the comments timely. If you have more to add, please start a new thread. Click here if you want to learn more about how to start a new conversation/thread.

It may also be helpful if you posted a few more details about your computer/printer and your issues.

1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.

If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you!"

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation