cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Up[grading to windows 10

I have an HP xw4600 workstation. I attempted to upgrade from wondows 7 pro to the new 10. Tried several times, keep coming up with a message saying there is a hard ware issue. Has any one tried to upgrade, and is there a compatablilty issue with these units and the new 10. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 8
1,506 1,473 80 316
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Up[grading to windows 10

Hi 

In the upgrade notification have you ran the Check Pc compatibilty ???

If so which peice of hardware is identified as non compatible ???

Checkurtech

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Up[grading to windows 10

I Too just upgraded my XW4600 workstation to windows 10 I found I had issues with File Explore it would crash when I tried to open a file.

I contacted microsoft online help and they took me to the HP site where the workstation was indentified but in the compatability feild I was unable to enter windows 10 as my operating system as it was not any of the available options.

I have gone back to my windows 7 pro 32 bit system and would like to know if HP plan to bring out a patch so the XW4600 can be upgraded before the free upgrade is stopped.

Thanks

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation