Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 11 (8,223 Views)
Accepted Solution

Update Error Code:80070005

Hi All,

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this problem. I keep getting a reminder to down load an important upgrade from microsoft for my HP-DISPLAY-HPw1907 Wide LCD Monitor but it refuses to download, and I get constant reminders to down load it although there doesn't seem to be a problem with the monitor itself. Is anyone having the same problem and how can i resolve it simply! (there's a silly question!) Thanks in Advance, Garry.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Update Error Code:80070005

I found a straightforward solution to this problem of updating the drivers for my HP w1907 monitor via HP at this web site:

http://www.portrait.com/dtune/hpw/enu/support_help.html

View solution in context
Student
Message 2 of 11 (8,195 Views)

I got the same error code when I set up the computer/monitor using the monitor disk about a month ago.  Trouble shooting the problem through Windows Vista resulted in no problems with the monitor driver.  But I keep getting reminders to install this important driver.  I'll attempt to connect with live chat help and see what they have to say.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 11 (8,182 Views)

HI THERE, I WAS  HOPING YOU HAD GOTTEN SOME ANSWERS ON UR PROBLEM THAT I TOO AM HAVING I'VE TRIED ALSO TO UPDATE AND NOTHING SAYS FAILED W/ THAT ERROR CODE.ANY SOLUTIONS? 
Associate Professor
Message 4 of 11 (8,151 Views)

Tech Tip: Access Denied Vista Monitor Driver Issue Access Denied Error Opens when Installing HP Monitor Software in Vista Disable User Account Control / Restart PC

Remove the Monitor from the device manager / Restart PC

Reinstall Driver

If error persists, go to the HP Portrait Displays Downloads Web page  and download the patch.

Enable User Account Control / Restart PC

Example: Every time I restart the PC this popup says "New Hardware Found." But when I try to install the driver I get an error that says "Access Denied"

If this doesn't work then right-click on that HP LCD update and click Hide Update. It won't comeup again.

Rather download it form hp.com

Top Student
Message 5 of 11 (6,230 Views)

I found a straightforward solution to this problem of updating the drivers for my HP w1907 monitor via HP at this web site:

http://www.portrait.com/dtune/hpw/enu/support_help.html

Honor Student
Message 6 of 11 (6,176 Views)

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy Many Thanks to Frogman, I have no longer got the reccuring error message and everything seems to be in working order.Sorry it has taken me so long to try your remedy but not being a full time PC fan, I have only recently spotted it on my inbox and tried it straight away and Hey Presto!. Thanks again Frogman,  or should I say RIBBIT! RIBBIT!                 Kind Regards   GarryM  A.K.A. ("Cheeky Chippie")

Student
Message 7 of 11 (5,509 Views)

Thanks I will try that but I still have no sound. Sound quit a month befor warrenty wore out and never got shipment box from hp because in my old apartment building people use to take things that ups left.

How do I get my sound back?

Thanks if you have help.

Linda

linda damato
Student
Message 8 of 11 (4,968 Views)

Thank you. At long last I have solved  the problem with the required update to my HP w2207h display driver.  Follow the instructions carefully to fix the problem.

Student
Message 9 of 11 (4,911 Views)

I have been going around in circles and finally landed on your fix.

Thanks for taking the time to write your helpful solution. Followed exact and it works..Smiley Happy

Student
Message 10 of 11 (4,792 Views)

[ Edited ]

To Frogman, Smiley Very HappyI also want to thank you for help with this problem; for almost a month the computer wants to update the driver, but it always failed.  I went to HP website weeks ago, but could not find anything on this error 80070005. Finally, today after two more updates failed, I went to the site again and searched the help forum and found your solution. I tried it, and within not even five minutes everything is fine and the update installed successfully.  Thanks, how did you ever find this solution? Iam glad you did and took the time to do the research.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation