cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
sirkennethfl
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Update on HPE 570t with Sandy Bridge Motherboard

HP Recommended

I have one of the HPE 570t desktops with the flawed Sandy Bridge motherboards. HP support conviced me to keep the machine until a fix is available. Has anyone heard when/if HP will be replacing the impacted motherboards?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Hanspuppa
Level 10
4,494 4,482 314 1,466
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

sirkennethfl wrote: I have one of the HPE 570t desktops with the flawed Sandy Bridge motherboards. HP support conviced me to keep the machine until a fix is available. Has anyone heard when/if HP will be replacing the impacted motherboards?

Hello sirkennethfl, HP did make an anouncement about these faulty motherboards. I believe they mentioned these boards would be replaced as soon as they receive the new chipsets from Intel, which is due in a couple months. It may be sooner, but I would not expect it any sooner.

Since this fault is not as great of a deal as it might have been, the motherboard does need to be replaced, but it may work just fine until HP relaces the faulty motherboard with the newly revised version.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
onlydlonly
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp's customer service is horrible. no updates on what is going on even though i see the i7 2600 back on the marketplace. no customer service rep seems to know what im talking about so i have to explain each time and never get an answer. i have a computer with the flawed chipset that is full with software . want to know what my options will be. if i have to return the computer and lose all my data and then reinstall all programs to the new computer i will not be using hp for any further purchases

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
spacechild
Level 6
417 409 20 60
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello to sirkennethfl: I did read a story in another computer mag(Maximum PC) that Intel's Sandy Bridge Procs had problems {Content Edited}. ...stay tuned just in case it comes to that

just remember; you can usually tell a pioneer by the arrows in their back!

good luck namesake!

spacechild

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation