cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BlueAngel18
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Updated list of compatible CPUs for AAHD2-HY (Holly) motherboard

HP Recommended
Pavilion p7-1254
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Question:  I have a Pavilion p7-1254 HP desktop.  In the original specs it lists several compatible CPUs that will fit the original motherboard - AAHD2-HY (Holly), the AMD A8-3850 (Liano) quad core is at the top of the list (fastest).

Since this list was printed (original), are there other faster CPU's that will work with this motherboard (fits into CPU receptacle and works without a bunch of modifications)??

Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
GPU-2
Level 7
740 739 90 159
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI.

The maximum would be AMD A8-3850 (Liano) quad-core and if it exceeds the bus speed and / or the TDP could be affected the equipment, even not give image because it is incompatible, perhaps because the socket type is higher But HP does not recommend it.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-p7-1200-Desktop-PC-series/5187022/model/5192661/docu...

Regards.

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.
0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
91,905 91,786 11,848 25,308
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please check your BIOS first. The latest BIOS is version 7.23 A

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/HP-Pavilion-p7-Desktop-PC-series/5187022/m...

which does not say anything about CPU therefore newer CPU may NOT work.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation