Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Navsea Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Updating BIOS

h9-1100eb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I just bought a new graphics card, Geforce GTX 960.
On the support page of EVGA, manufacturer of my card, they stated that I either have to update my BIOS or buy a new motherboard...

I checked the website and there seems to be no update for bios available.
My current version is AMI 7.13, 5-1-2012.

Does that mean that there is no other option than to buy a new motherboard?

2 REPLIES
Dean Dean
Dean
8901 806 2315
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Updating BIOS

You can try a compatible graphics card

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Official-list-of-supported-graph...

Or check with the manufacturer of the card

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
0 Kudos
Navsea Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Updating BIOS

That was the answer I was dreading....

http://support.hp.com/za-en/document/c03080063

Here HP claims to be UEFI compatible, is that in fact the case? Or is the problem that the supported version for UEFI is not recent enough? Can you tell me what UEFI version is that is supported by HP?

FYI, In bios there is an option: "Run UEFI application"... However, I always want to execute that UEFI graka application...

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation