cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
urheller Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Updating Compaq 8200 Elite

Compaq 8200 Elite CMT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a  Compaq 8200 Elite CMT  running Windows 10 Pro  64 with 8 GIG RAM.   I need to update some of the software and drivers, etc,  but when trying to reply to the query of what operating system I am using, Windows 10 is not given as a choice.  Is one of the others compatable or am I forever doomed to being unable to update?  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
105575 96126 14844 22837
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Updating Compaq 8200 Elite

Hi:

What drivers or software need updating? 

The only driver I changed was the sata controller driver from the standard AHCI controller to the one that it is supposed to be which is the Intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller.

I have 2 8200 Elite CMT's running W10 Pro 64 bit, 32GB of memory in each one, and neither of them need any driver or software updates.

Whatever you do, don't update the BIOS to v2.29.

This is what will happen if you do...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Compaq-8200-Elit...

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation