Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
alvinhouming Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Updating a new BIOS

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I did a F10, check my BIOS version is HP Kolvo02.25, 07May 12.

I download a 2013 bios in HP support central

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=vc_113732_1&sp4ts.oid=5232881

run it and restart PC, F10 again.

When i Flash System Rom, a red label appear 'Removable media is bad or missing'

I switch off the PC, press the CMOS button few times. And the results is still similar.

I did the instruction as the video instructed, but BIOS did not upgrade either.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.sn=SGH250SGL4&sp4ts.oid=5232881&docId=emr_na...

1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
45197 4251 10751
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Updating a new BIOS

According to your original post, your installed OS is Windows 10.

The BIOS you are attempting to install is for only up to Windows 7.  That is likely to be the reason for the fail.

How about identifying your notebook with its complete product number and\or product name.

As an example, my current HP product loan is an HP Envy Spectre 13-v021nr.  That completely identifies it. 

You can say thanks for my help by clicking on the Thumbs up .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation