Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp pro 3300 Mt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do i update my bio i can't seem to find anything to help me

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Dctchdt,

If the original OS was WIN 7, the BIOS is tied to that.  The is "NO" WIN 10 BIOS.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

if i put it back to windows 7 could i update the bios? and if so how?

HP Recommended

@Dctchdt,

If you system was upgraded to WIN 10, you only had a 30 day period to revert.  Also, you can not flip-flop back and forth.

Could you please explain WHY your asking?  There has to be an underlying issue.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Been trying to Install a R7 250 2gb sapphire and the device manager isn't detecting it  and i've tired everything 

HP Recommended

@Dctchdt,

Thank you VERY much for answering.  There are hybrid cards that are dual BIOS, and I will provide that link.  The power draw of the MSI 750 Ti is within 5 watts of the R5 250 card. See here.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

i'm abit confused what do i do?

HP Recommended

@Dctchdt,

If your wanting to upgrade the graphic capability, you need to purchase a card that is Legacy BIOS,  or a hybrid card, that has a switch, like the MSI card I did link. 

Your unit  is not a gamers delight, it is a business machine.  You need to understand. What was the basis for chosing the r5 250.  There are many factors you did not explain, and it's difficult to suggest without knowing all the facts.  I realize this has been tedious. Maybe I can root-out some info.

1) Is there a specific goal?  A specific game level.

2) The r5 250 is UEFI. The MSI hybrid goes Legacy or UEFI.  Both are within 5W power draw of each other.  That means either card only adds less than 70W added load.  You did determine your existing PSU could do that, RIGHT ?

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

I want to use it for playing world of warships on med around 60 fps but don't want to spend anything over 50 pound and no 6 pin or 8 pin connectors 

I picked this card up from Cex for around 35 pound 

It had a 300 watt psu but i replaced it with a 500w i had sitting around 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Computer-Components/Switching-Power-Supply-Computer-iCHOOSE/B01K236WLA/re...

HP Recommended

@Dctchdt,

I want you to go here, and run the tests. There is a "green" block for Frame rate Chart".

It will analyze your system, and make recommendations.  NO 6/8 pin power take-offs?

The recommended GTX 550Ti is a 6pin power lead. Personally, I like the GTX 660.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.