Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Elite HPE-595uk De
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good Afternoon everyone,

I hope you can assist me.

I am currently using  HP Pavilion Elite HPE-595uk Desktop PC. As a photographer, quite frequently I use post processing software for my pictures such as Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom. However, most recently I have started experiencing issues and my PC was bringing up 'low memory' errors, crashing down all running applications... I thought that the best idea would be to buy more RAM and after speaking to HP sales people I have purchased 8GB ram, which at this moment in time gives me a total of 14GB. My PC seems 'happier' and I am now able to run 2 different applications simultaneously without any errors... however I wanted to ask you whether you feel that there is anything else I could do to increase performance of my PC - specifically in terms of speed ... would the change of the processor made much of a difference ?  I note that HP website specifies that I could change from existing Intel Core i7 2600 

• Operating speed: 3.4 GHz (up to 3.8 GHz turbo)
  • Number of cores: 4
  • Socket: LGA1155
  • Bus speed: DMI (Direct Media Interface) - 2.5GT/s

into :

• TDP: 95W
  • Socket type: LGA 1155
  • Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
    • Core i3-2xxx series
    • Core i5-2xxx series
    • Core i7-26xx series

...but how much difference would that actually make ? 

Is there anything else that I could consider ?

Thank you in advance,

Edy

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi Edy

Your PC was introduced for sale in January 2011. 

There is not much you can do to the hardware to make the PC run faster. Maybe your HDD is failing or clogged with junk files. Cleaning junk files or upgrading to an SSD is a big performance booster.

Maximum memory allowed is 16 GB. You have 14 GB. The Intel 1155 chipset, while good when released, is now showing it's age.

This PC shipped from the factory using Windows 7. How did this PC run when using Windows 7?

Going back to Windows 7 is a pain, but an option. Your PC was optimized for Windows 7. Or try reinstalling Windows 10 clean. Back up data and have product keys handy for programs you have purchased before doing a clean operating system install.

A clean operating system install will revitalize an erratic or misbehaving PC.

Grzy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.