Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elite 800 g1 AiO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I received the computer free when myy job got new computers. I play Elder Scrolls Online, the often have updates to the game.

Recently I have not been able to play. After going back and forth with them it appears that I need a better graphics card. I would like to upgrade it, but apparently it's integrated. I'm not to comeputer savy does this mean I can't?

If I can't then that means I'll have to get a better computer, which is hard on a single income. Any help is welcome at this point.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Integraged means that the video solution is either on the motherboard as a chip or on the processor chip. Your PC does not have a  PCIe - x16 video card, it has an MXM graphics board.

See the following illustrated parts  and service map. Pag2 2, item 3.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/action.process/public/psi/manualsDisplay/?s...

All-in-One desktop PCs are a type that does not lend itself to being a candidate for certain upgrade types. You can upgrade the hard disk to an SSD, but you can't upgrade the video solution because of the type of case and motherboard.

If you had a standard type PC with an ATX case it would be different and upgrading a video card would be possible.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

> I'll have to get a better computer, which is hard on a single income. 

You cannot change the video-card on your "All-In-One" computer.

What you can do is privately sell the computer, e.g., www.CraigsList.org

and use the proceeds to buy a better computer.

Maybe, some small owner/operator computer-store will take your computer as a "trade-in" ?

Be sure that the replacement offered to you meets the specifications to play that game.

Or, of course, for no money, stop playing that game, and keep your current computer.

Or, find a similar game that does run on your computer.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the responses. I plan on keeping the desk top since it is used for other things as well.

As for not playing the game, I have been playing for about 4 years now. It is a huge stress reducer and is one of the very few games I like.

After a lot of researching I'm going to simply get another computer.

Once again thank you kindly.

HP Recommended

> I'm going to simply get another computer.

That's a good resolution.

On this forum, it's always kind to click a "thumbs-up" to the response from any/all volunteers who have helped you, and/or to click "accept as answer" for the "best" suggestions.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.