Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Time_Traveler Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Upgrading BIOS with HP TouchSmart 610-1280qd (Windows 10) with corrupted BIOS !

HP TouchSmart 610-1280qd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone !

I had a problem with upgrading BIOS with HP TouchSmart 610-1280qd  (Windows 10) When I tried to upgrade BIOS to

Version: 7.15  (sp58106.exe)  my computer suddenly shouted down and now I have a black screen with 8 beeps and Windows -B bottoms combination does not work to get BIOS recovery 

So Probably I need to clear the CMOS - Reset the BIOS and I know in the most cases the jumper is close to the battery   (I have some expireance with old monorail all in one computer)  Do you have a picture where is the  a jumper and what is the easies way to get to the jumper without unnecessary disassembling or maybe you know another bottom combination to overwrite corrupted BIOS  

Your Help will be Highly Appreciated !!!

Thank you in advance !

P. S. No warranty for my PC (2012)

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
7771 6909 449 840
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Upgrading BIOS with HP TouchSmart 610-1280qd (Windows 10) with corrupted BIOS !

Hi there @Time_Traveler,

May the Forums be with you!  I understand that you are looking for information on the motherboard for your system.  I am happy to give you a hand with this.

Referring to the HP TouchSmart 610-1280qd Product Specifications and Configurable Options, the motherboard in your system would be this one: HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications WJ1 (Inglewood). That document does not indicate any jumpers, but the photo does show what is likely the battery.

If you go that route and do not have any success, and you wish to look at a repair, then please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp, fill out the form, create a case for your issue and then use the provided information to contact HP.

Let me know whether that helps or not, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation