cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Uzukami
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Upgrading Graphics on an MS-7525 Motherboard

HP Recommended

Im thinking of upgrading from the intergrated graphics to an 1GB Card.

Interface Type: PCI Express 2.0 x16

Clock Speed: 550 MHz

Graphics Processor / Vendor: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT  

API Supported: DirectX 10, OpenGL 2.1

Video Memory Installed ( Max ): 1 GB - DDR2 SDRAM

Would the Card be compatible?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,949 42,189 4,642 12,403
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

@Uzukami wrote:

Im thinking of upgrading from the intergrated graphics to an 1GB Card.

Interface Type: PCI Express 2.0 x16

Clock Speed: 550 MHz

Graphics Processor / Vendor: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT  

API Supported: DirectX 10, OpenGL 2.1

Video Memory Installed ( Max ): 1 GB - DDR2 SDRAM

Would the Card be compatible?

here is a link to the motherboard specs.

It would help if you stated which particular card you are considering. 

There appears to be plenty of space on the mobo with the only obstruction being the close proximity of the DIMM (memory)slots.

Please identify your HP desktop PC. 

Best regards,
erico

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops or desktop PCs, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to locate the Product number (SKU)
0 Kudos
Anisio
Level 4
77 77 6 8
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The Best i have is HD5670 i'm using that computer only to play League of Legends on maximum with 60FPS

But i did some tests with 

HD 4350

NV 285

GT 620 SL 2GB

All Works

OS - Windows 7 x64 Service Pack 1
CPU - Q6600 ( i had some work to make it works on ms-7525)
Motherboard - MS 7525 (old Compaq Dx1000 Microtower)
Memory - 2GB DDR2
GPU - ATI Randeon HD 5670
Hard Drive - Seagate 1.5 TB
Power Supply - EVGA 600W

0 Kudos
Duane_D
Retired
Retired
4,641 3,064 52 155
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. If you have any additional information, we recommend edit or start a new post. To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number) • Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A 2. Operating System installed (if applicable) • Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit 3. Error message (if any) • Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows 4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred • Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router. If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message! Thank you

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation