cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ArnoldT
Level 1
4 3 1 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Upgrading Pavilion 751n Questions

HP Recommended

I'm trying to keep an old Pavilion 751n functional for a couple more years.  I can't find documentation on memory or CPU upgrades.

Does anyone know the following:

Memory:  Can ddr pc2700 memory be used instead of pc2100?

CPU:  Can the processor be upgraded to a Pentium 4  (socket 478) 2.4 Ghz processor?  What about at 2.6 Ghz processor or 2.8 Ghz processor?  (I'm assuming that all of them would be 400 mhz fsb)

Any help or documentation would be greatly appreciated.

Message Edited by ArnoldT on 09-20-2009 09:55 PM
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,961 42,200 4,644 12,411
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI,

here is a link to your Product and motherboard's specs. Anything in the socket MPGA478 Pentium 4 Willamett and Northwood line is supported according to HP's published specs. Processor FSB should be 400Mhz.

Memory: you are actually better off staying within the PC2100/1600  range for compatibility reasons. I know those old memory sticks are harder to find than PC2700 sticks are.

regards,

erico 

Message Edited by erico on 09-25-2009 09:00 AM

I am not an HP Employee.
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation