cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
karen445
Level 1
6 2 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Upgrading my HP P6130y computer

HP Recommended

I'm going to upgrade my HP P6130y Computer. But first thing I want to know is if the GTX 460 and a 550w power supply work with it.

Right now I have:

Motherboard
M2N78-LA (Violet)

Processor
AMD Phenom X4 9750

Integrated graphics using nVidia GeForce 9100
Also supports PCI Express x16 graphics cards as independent graphics adapter

I want to get is:

GeForce GTX 460 graphic card with the 550w Power Supply Corsair CMPSU-55OVX 550W ATX12X

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=17-139-004&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=100&Pu...

1 REPLY 1
Hanspuppa
Level 10
4,494 4,482 314 1,466
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello karen445, Here  is the link for the specifications for your system.

Here  is a link that can provide some information of this model video card.

It appears they recommend at least a 500 watt power supply. The Corsair 550 would support their recommendation.

The only issue that may arise is the length of this card. These high end cards are quite long and may not fit inside your case. You might measure from the end of your case where the video card will be installed to the front of the case at the end of where the video card would be installed and see if you have enough room for this card.

Since many vendors offer this card, some may have one of this model that is shorter than some others.

You also need to be aware of the increased heat generated by the video card and the higher capacity power supply.

It may be necessary to add another case fan to remove this additional heat. I would suggest monitoring the heat and see if an additional cooling fan is required.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

Tags (1)
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation