cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BeastPz
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Upgrading my HP Pavillion 500 graphics card.

HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 500-210d
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Right now my PC already have a graphics card, but i think i need an improvement to play the modern games with decent fps. But i was woried about the BIOS stuff, can anybody tell me about the BIOS stuff? I think the GTX 1050 is enough for me.

5 REPLIES 5
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,969 41,846 4,651 12,425
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Which specific  GTX 1050 model?

Is it one with 2, 4 6 or 8GB of discrete VRAM?

A GeForce GTX 1050 mini  w/2GB model shouldn't require a PSU upgrade. 

A GTX 1050 card with more memory  will require at least a 450W or higher capacity ATX PSU with one 8-pin PCIe power connector for the card.

I am not an HP Employee.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
BeastPz
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yeah thanks for the answer, i think i will get the mini 2gb version. But what about the BIOS things? Is there anything that should i do before installing the card to the mobo?

BeastPz
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 2GT LP that model specifcally.

erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,969 41,846 4,651 12,425
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I suggest physically installing the card and powering the system on to see if it works without any BIOS changes first.

If it doesn't, then there are a few things you may need to do.

You may need to enter the BIOS and in Security ->  Slot Security -> PCI Express x16 Slot 1 Disable  (slot security)

I am not an HP Employee.
BeastPz
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Okay thanks for your answer next week i will do it.
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation