cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
thezip
Level 1
10 6 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Used Z1 - want to buy

HP Recommended
z1

Hello gents!

I want to buy a used Z1 (WM558EA#ACB)

27'' LED IPS(2560x1440) E3-1225v2(3.2 GHz) 8GB (2x4GB)/256GB SSD/HD P4000/DVDRW/Cam/CardR/LAN/WiFi/BT/kbd/mse/W8Pro74 dwngr W7Pro64 (WM558EA#ACB)

Can you plz help me to tell that to lock for and give some advises.  And may be later install a new videocard. 

I need it for a lightroom foto (home use). And a big screen (now i have only notebooks at home.

And is here a reason to buy it now? 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
thezip
Author
Level 1
10 6 0 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yesterday i'v got it. But have no time to unpack it. Will do today. Now is reading for video card upgrades. 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Maverick_Nik
Level 5
Level 5
226 220 21 57
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @thezip,

Have you already purchased the unit? 

And is your query been addressed?

I am an HP employee, the opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to acknowledge the post ***

thezip
Author
Level 1
10 6 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Yes, I had. 

As i sad it is 

27'' LED IPS(2560x1440) E3-1225v2(3.2 GHz) 8GB (2x4GB)/256GB SSD/HD P4000/DVDRW/Cam/CardR/LAN/WiFi/BT/kbd/mse/W8Pro74 dwngr W7Pro64 (WM558EA#ACB)

So, i want to do 2 thinks.

1) The seller had installed Win10 - how can I downgrade it to W7Pro64 ?

2) Want to install better video. For exaple 680M, will it fit the Z1 ?

Thanks

Mister_Tad
Level 2
15 14 1 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you ever get your graphics sorted?

Many nVidia MXM cards "should" fit, but not many are tested. Cards intended for certain laptops may have custom tweakery that means they don't work in the Z1 as well.

I bought an official K4100M in the end and used it in my G1 (even thought it's supported for the G2), after pondering a 680M for a bit, but then deciding I didn't want to be out £600 if it didn't work (and every seller on the planet insists no returns for MXM cards, which I understand)

thezip
Author
Level 1
10 6 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!

I bought 770M - used - on orinal cooling system (seller had HP Z1 - with 2 cards for sale - so I take one)

From his words - the card's BIOS is updated. So i installed drivers from nvidea site and all.

And for more information - I also changed motherboard (by waranty - in last days)

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation