Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
glynch Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Using an Envy all in one PC as a second monitor for an iMac

HP Envey
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Envy 27inch all in one PC and I would like to use it as a second monitor for my iMac occationally (mainly for Lightroom running on the Mac).

I have a Miniport (iMac) to HDMI cable (for Envy) and have conected them both up and pressed the screen toggle on the underneath of the Envy's monitor.  The iMac does not find the monitor (or the other way around).

On the iMac, no second screen option is showing on the dispay tab of "Preferences" so the iMac is not aware of the connection.

According to the Apple pages, once you have plugged in the Envy and toggle the screen, the iMac should find it.

I have plugged in my Microsoft Surface 3 (USB 3 to HDMI cable) into the Envey, hit toggle and it works straight away, so this might be an Apple problem of course.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation