Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (396 Views)

V9 homepage won't let me change my home page

somehow or another a homepage called v9 has taken over my computer and won't let me change my home page back to yahoo. now i've tried all the normal ways to chane it . i've even gone into the internet options area and tried removing it and put yahoo as the one i want to use . but no matter what i do it always comes back as my home page . any help to remove this v9 would be great thanks

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (387 Views)

Re: V9 homepage won't let me change my home page

Welcome to the forum, Taz.

You might have luck with this Removal Guide:

Remove V9.com Homepage (Uninstall Guide)

Commentary

• You might skip Step #4 if you do not want to install the program shown.  Registry cleaners can be at least a nuisance and at worst, they can actually damage your File System.

• Step 5 recommends the use of the Free software, Malwarebytes - this software has a good reputation and may help.

• You might skip Step 6 if you do not want to install the program shown.  It may be good s/w, but it appears that it wants you to purchase it -- the step does say you can use it as a "Trial Version".

All in all, I think that once you complete the first steps, that you might run a deep scan with your own Anti-Virus software and with the Malwarebytes software.  If you are in more trouble than that, you will have to decide what to try next.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation